I have a new sewing machine!!! I’m very excited, and of course the first project had to be a pretty cover for it 🙂 It’s lightly quilted with a few stripes of fabric I raided from my stash. The lining is more of the plain brown cotton. I measured the dimensions off the basic cover that came with the machine, and the construction is 4 side pieces with a split top to allow the handle to be used with the cover.
I added a pocket to one side, my scissors needed a home 🙂
The two halves of the top gaped a bit, which isn’t great for a dust cover, so I added a button with a ribbon loop to hold it together under the handle.
I’ve got a lot more familiar with my new machine now, although I still need to figure out how some of the functions work… I’m hoping to do more sewing if I have a little sewing area set up, I’ll be able to do a bit more crafting without having to sort everything out again.